- Functions as a high-performance DAC/amplifier combo or amplifier only
- Provides a low-noise and transparent listening experience
- Accepts USB digital audio up to 16-bit/48-kHz
- Accepts optical (Toslink) and digital coax up to 24-bit/96-kHz
- Supports digital interface to iPhone 4s/5/5s/5c and iPod Touch 5th generation (requires iOS 7 and Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Camera Connection Kit)
- Supports digital interface to all iPad models (requires Lightning to USB Camera Adapter or Camera Connection Kit)
- Supports digital interface to Android devices (requires standard USB audio class support)
- Works with practically any type of headphone, from sensitive IEM to high-impedance over-the-ear
- Includes rechargeable battery, charges over USB
- Includes charge disable switch for battery-only operation
- Includes socketed op-amps for sound signature customization
The UHA-6S.MKII is a high-performance USB DAC and amplifier combo. It features a 16-bit/48-kHz USB streaming interface, 24-bit/96-kHz S/PDIF (TOSLINK) inputs, and a 1/8-inch analog line input. With its low-noise, high-power output, the UHA-6S.MKII is capable of driving a wide range of headphone types, from high-sensitivity in-ear monitors to high-impedance over-the-ear headphones.
The internal Lithium-ion battery is rechargeable over USB. A charging disable feature allows the UHA-6S.MKII to be used with tablets and other devices which limit power draw.
The UHA-6S.MKII can be customized for a particular sound signature. The output stage op-amps are socketed and easily replaceable.
The UHA-6S.MKII has been selected by InnerFidelity for their headphone amplifier "Wall of Fame".
High-performance Cirrus Logic DAC. The CS4398, Cirrus Logic’s flagship digital-to-analog converter, is a long-time favorite of audio enthusiasts due to its exceptional performance and audio quality.
Optical and coaxial S/PDIF digital inputs. The UHA-6S.MKII is compatible with S/PDIF sources up to 24-bit/96kHz.
True ground audio reference. With bipolar voltage rails at +/-6 VDC, there is no need for an output ground buffer which can cause additional output distortion and other audio artifacts. This also allows the UHA-6S.MKII to be used as a low-noise DAC/preamp into a line input such as an A/V receiver. Additionally, there are no DC-blocking capacitors in the signal path, which can cause harmonic distortion.
Socketed op-amps. For full customization, the output stage op-amps in the UHA-6S.MKII are socketed and easily replaceable. Single-channel op-amps are used throughout for minimal channel crosstalk.
Two-position gain control. Optimize performance for your headphones or earphones by choosing from two gain settings.
Automatic input selection. The input is automatically selected among the four available sources: analog, USB, optical S/PDIF, and coaxial S/PDIF.
Advanced battery management. Use any high-power USB port or USB charger accessory to charge the UHA-6S.MKII. A rear panel switch disables charging, maximizing the battery life of your portable computer or tablet PC. The front-panel power LED indicates low-battery status. A battery disconnect circuit prevents full discharge, maximizing the lifetime of the battery. The UHA-6S.MKII is compatible with most standard 5V USB wall chargers.
Plug and Play USB operation. The UHA-6S.MKII uses the standard USB audio drivers which are included in Windows and Mac operating systems.
(Typical performance, AD8610 op-amp)
- Max output power (<1% THD):
- 25 mW into 16 ohms
- 55 mW into 32 ohms
- 90 mW into 62 ohms
- 90 mW into 100 ohms
- 40 mW into 300 ohms
- THD+N at 1 kHz (analog input, 20 Hz to 20 kHz bandwidth, no weighting):
- 16 ohms
- 1 mW: 0.0033%
- 10 mW: 0.0045%
- 32 ohms
- 1 mW: 0.0018%
- 10 mW: 0.0022%
- 62 ohms
- 1 mW: 0.0012%
- 10 mW: 0.0014%
- 50 mW: 0.022%
- 100 ohms
- 1 mW: 0.0010%
- 10 mW: 0.0011%
- 50 mW: 0.012%
- 300 ohms
- 1 mW: 0.0008%
- 10 mW: 0.0023%
- Frequency response: <10 Hz to >22 kHz, +/-0.1 dB
- Battery life:
- >30 hours typical, analog input
- >10 hours typical, S/PDIF input
- Output impedance: <0.5 ohm
- Dimensions: 70 x 84 x 20 mm (2.8 x 3.3 x 0.8 inches)
- Weight: 6.0 oz (170 g)
- 16-bit/48kHz USB digital audio
- 24-bit/96kHz optical and coaxial S/PDIF digital audio inputs (TOSLINK)
- 1/8″ analog input
- Bipolar voltage rails (+/-6 VDC) with true ground reference
- Automatic input selection
- Two-position gain select (+0dB/+18dB)
- Socketed output stage op-amps (8-pin DIP, single
- DAC: Cirrus Logic CS4398
- DAC filter op-amps: LT6233
- Output stage op-amps: AD8610 (other options available)
- Uses standard USB audio drivers
- Compatible with some Apple devices using the Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (or the Camera Connection Kit for iPads with 30-pin interface)
- Compatible with some Android phones
- Compatible with Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Rechargeable battery, charged through USB
- Charge disable switch for maximizing battery life of laptop PCs and tablet devices
- Power/low-battery and charge indicator LEDs
- Available in silver or black
- Includes Micro-USB cable and self-adhesive rubber feet